Hey Smart Marketers!
Most of us focus on hard skills… and they should.
But what makes the difference between a good System Integrator and an excellent one?
IMO, the key differentiator is the vision and not the delivery.
Let’s dive in!
Understanding Vision vs. Delivery
First things first, let’s clarify these terms. Delivery skills are crucial; they’re about getting things done efficiently and effectively. This means setting up campaigns, managing data, and ensuring that the technical aspects of SFMC are running smoothly. It’s about crossing the ‘t’s and dotting the ‘i’s.
But what about vision? This is where the magic happens. It’s the ability to see beyond the immediate tasks. A great System Integrator doesn’t just implement what’s asked; they guide and lead their clients towards a more strategic use of SFMC.
Crafting a Vision for Your Clients
- Understanding Customer Journeys: Begin by mapping out engaging and personalized customer journeys. Dive deep into understanding your client’s audience. What do they want? What do they expect? Use these insights to craft journeys that resonate.
- Identifying Best Use-Cases: Not all features are created equal. Start with use-cases that will have the most impact. Is it email personalization, mobile messaging, or social media integration? Guide your clients in prioritizing these based on their specific needs.
- Balancing Relevance and Innovation: It’s easy to get swayed by all the shiny features SFMC offers. Help your clients distinguish between what’s relevant for them and what’s merely nice to have. This ensures that they invest in solutions that offer real value.
- Roadmap to Success: Provide a clear, step-by-step roadmap. This should outline how to achieve the envisioned goals. Remember, a vision without a plan is just a dream!
How to Develop Your Visionary Skills?
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest SFMC features and industry trends. Knowledge is power!
- Listen and Learn: Understand your client’s business, their challenges, and their aspirations. The more you know, the better your vision will align with their goals.
- Collaborate and Innovate: Work closely with your team and clients. Bouncing ideas around can lead to breakthroughs in how you use SFMC.
- Reflect and Adapt: Always take time to reflect on your strategies and be willing to adapt. A vision is not set in stone; it evolves.
As SFMC experts, our role is not just to deliver but to inspire and lead with a vision. It’s about painting a picture of what can be and then making it happen. So, let’s step up our game. Let’s be the guiding light that leads our clients not just to success but to excellence.
As always, if you need guidance or have any thoughts to share, feel free to hit reply. Here’s to crafting visions that transform the digital marketing landscape!
See you next week!
Other ways I can help you: